Tuesday, November 9, 2010

dead beat fathers

The responsibilities of your children should always come first. It should come before all a parents wants and needs. Once you've made the decision to have a child you and everybody else come last. If this is true why do I know so many deadbeat fathers? The don't want to do much of anything except run around town with everybody else. The have all their fun while the mother is taking on the responsibility of being a mother and a father. Do they know how hard that is? I'm willing to bet my life they don't know and really don't care to know. The crazy thing about all this is children are the greatest gift one could receive. So my question is why do so many men leave them behind? I've gotten so many answers from men but so far no legit reason. You want to know why I haven't heard a legit reason? Because truth be told there isn't one. At some point in your life your children will be all you have in this world. If you're a deadbeat dad you won't have nothing or no one except those four walls. Men need to stop making excuses and step up to the plate. No you don't have to be with the mother but you are obligated to help her, and not just occasionally. Women are strong but it's only so much they can do as a single parent. I give respect to every single mother that's raising her children the best way she can. Because of them their children will get that emotional, financial, and intellectual love from someone and know how to return it.

1 comment:

  1. That's my damn niece...let the choir say AMEN. As a single mother & father I know all too well the hardship of trying to raise my boys on my own & yes I am there mother & there father they have men that they look up to but no man to tell them how they should carry themselves as young men so I do the best I can & no I'll never be their daddy's but I damn sure am their father. Thanx Meg 4 the shout out all of us mothers/fathers appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete